Limited to 1,000 copies, this collector’s edition is signed and hand-numbered by Anthony Daniels. It also includes three exclusive printed cards with personal commentaries by Anthony. This covetable edition has gilded edges and is presented in a bespoke slipcase adorned with Daniels’ foiled signature.
“The odds of me ever writing a book were approximately… Oh, never mind. My golden companion worries about such things - I don’t. I have indeed now written a book - telling my story, in my voice, not his - recognising that our voices and our stories are inextricably intertwined.”
When Star Wars burst on to the big screen in 1977, an unfailingly polite golden droid called C-3PO captured imaginations around the globe. But C-3PO wasn’t an amazing display of animatronics with a unique and unforgettable voiceover. Inside the metal costume was an actor named Anthony Daniels.
In this deeply personal memoir, Anthony Daniels recounts his experiences of the epic cinematic adventure that has influenced pop culture for more than 40 years. For the very first time, he candidly describes his most intimate memories as the only actor to appear in every Star Wars film - from his first meeting with George Lucas to the final, emotional days on the set of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
With a foreword by J.J. Abrams and never-before-seen photography, this book is a nostalgic look back at the Skywalker saga as it comes to a close. I Am C-3PO: The Inside Story reveals Anthony Daniels’ vulnerability, how he established his role and what he accomplished, and takes readers on a journey that just happens to start in a galaxy far, far away.
- This book is a royal hardback with a slate grey cover, the book front and back are plain and the spine has the title in gold foil, and the page edges are gold.
- Comes with a black slipcase is with Anthony's signature printed in gold foil.
- The slipcase is shrink wrapped with a barcode sticker on the back, and a sticker on the front stating that it is a signed exclusive edition.
- In the back of the book there is an envelope containing 3 postcard prints: the three postcards are images of early concept art for C-3PO, Anthony on set on Episode VIII and an early film poster, and each will have a quote or caption on the back of the postcard.
- Anthony has signed and number each copy.
- Only 490 copies in the UK.
- Cat. No.