Comic book superstars Brian Bolland, Mick McMahon, Dave Gibbons, and Kevin O’Neill are set to return to the pages of the legendary 2000 AD for its 2,000th issue!
Europe’s longest running sci-fi action comic reaches its landmark 2,000th issue on 28 September and some of the most prominent creators ever to grace its pages have returned for a 48-page celebration bonanza.
Bolland (Batman: The Killing Joke), McMahon (The Last American), Gibbons (Watchmen), and O’Neill (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) are just some of the incredible talent to return – this issue will feature the first sequential comics work by Bolland for 2000 AD since 1987, as well as a brand new series by Peter Milligan (X-Statix, Hellblazer) and a poster featuring specially commissioned artwork.
First hitting the racks in 1977, the cult UK sci-fi anthology title quickly became a globally influential bestseller, launching the careers of some of the industry’s most famous talents and proving instrumental in shaping contemporary comics.
Prog 2000 will be available with three variant covers – newsstand customers will be able to choose between covers by Cliff Robinson and Chris Burnham, while a special Glenn Fabry wraparound cover will be exclusively available through comic book stores via Diamond Distribution.
The incredible line-up for Prog 2000 includes:
• A special one-off Judge Dredd story from creators John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra
• Pat Mills and Kevin O’Neill reunite for a special Nemesis the Warlock story
• Psi-Judge Anderson has another psychic case from Alan Grant and David Roach
• Sinister Dexter hit the road, courtesy of Dan Abnett and Mark Sexton
• A mysterious prisoner has a tale to tell in Rogue Trooper: Ghosts of Nu Earth by Gordon Rennie and Richard Elson
• Brand-new identity-theft thriller Counterfeit Girl by Peter Milligan and Rufus Dayglo debuts.
• Plus, interlude pages from Brian Bolland, Mick McMahon, Dave Gibbons, Robin Smith, and more.
- Wednesday Comics
- Cat. No.